Group or family therapy can heal relationships and ourselves
Sometimes it can be hard to find a wholesome way forward when there are family, friend or work issues. The truth is that everyone around us is a mirror and every relationship an opportunity for growth. It’s about recognizing that all of us can have feelings of fear and unworthiness. In essence we are all the one spirit.
At times it is necessary to set clear boundaries with others or their behaviors. However this can always be done with kindness. Underneath anger or difficult behavior there is usually fear, pain or unworthiness. As we hold deep empathy for this, it enables us to deal with that person with greater compassion.
As we learn to be accepting of others we learn to accept ourselves, this is beautiful healing.
Groups facilitate openness with each other and the beginning of deeper more true connection
Guidelines for group practice with Mia
- Groups will go for 70 minutes.
- We will always start with a beautiful meditation, so please arrive on time.
- Confidentiality is upheld at all times. Any sharing from others is kept within the group.
- You’re welcome to share or ask questions around your experience. While others are talking, it is best to remain silent until everyone has shared. Mia may provide guidance if asked.
- The atmosphere is of acceptance and letting others be as they are.
- At the end, given time, we can open the discussion. This is not about giving advice to others. However if something arises, you are welcome to share from your experience using “I language”, that others may benefit from.
Details of group psychotherapy
Cost; standard is $276 ($69 each) for 70 minutes, student/pensioner is $252 ($63 each).
Place; in person groups are at 16 Pinewood Avenue Woodlands. I may also do some online groups as required.
Time; this can be arranged to suit you
Bring; wear comfortable clothes and bring a notepad and pen. Also a drink bottle if required.
Book; for booking or more information please contact Mia.